FAQ - Academics
1. Which syllabus is followed at Diya?
- An integrated approach using a blend of Montessori and Kindergarten styles for the pre-primary
- CBSE Curriculum for Grades 1 to 10
2. How are academics different in Diya?
- At the Pre-primary level, Students are trained on various skills to enable them to a smooth transition when they start regular schooling
- Grades 1 to 5 Curriculum is interwoven with transdisciplinary themes.
- Grades 6 to 10 has an integrated approach to enable students for concept mastery.
- Grades 9 and 10 are given special training on research and volunteering services.
3. What are the language options given?
- Grades 1 to 7: 2nd language Kannada and Hindi Mandatory
- Grades 8 to 10: Optional Hindi /Kannada
4. What are the extracurricular activities provided at Diya?
- Pre-Primary: Sports, Yoga, Zumba, Gardening, Nature walk, Field trips*
- Primary & Secondary: Sports, Yoga, Zumba, Club activities, Life skills, Fun with Math, Applied Academics, Design thinking, NCC.
*Subject to changes
5. What are the external exams conducted at Diya?
Subject-specific Olympiads, Spell bee
6. How will the parent know about their child’s progress?
Regular parent interaction with teachers and coordinators is conducted to keep the parent informed about the child’s progress. Need-based interactions are also encouraged with prior appointments. Detailed progress report of child’s performance is shared after every term
7. What are the different sports activities conducted in the school?
- Outdoor: Basketball, Football, Karate, Yoga, Zumba, Throwball
- Indoor: Chess, Carom, Table tennis